Oak Grove Baptist Church’s Church Covenant is for members at Oak Grove Baptist Church. We believe membership to a local body is important. We emphasize this importance through a church covenant. A church covenant is a promise: a promise made to God, to a local church, and to one’s self. A church covenant is a sign of commitment: a commitment to God, to His church, and to personal holiness. A church covenant is an ethical statement and Biblical standard.
Oak Grove Baptist Church
Since we have committed ourselves to Jesus Christ and have experienced the acceptance,
forgiveness, and redemption of God our Father, we covenant together as members of this church
that with God’s help through the guiding presence of His Spirit:
- We will walk together in brotherly love.
- We will show loving care for one another and encourage counsel and admonish one
- We will assemble faithfully for worship and fellowship and will pray earnestly for others
as well as for ourselves.
- We will endeavor to bring up those under our care “in the nurture and admonition of the
- We will seek, by Christian example and personal effort, to win others to Christ and to
encourage their growth toward Christian maturity.
- We will share one another’s joys and endeavor to bear one another’s burdens and
- We will oppose all conduct which compromises our Christian faith and will uphold high
standards of Christian morality.
- We will prove the reality of our conversion by living Godly, fruitfully, lives.
- We will maintain a faithful ministry of worship, witness, education, fellowship, and
- We will be faithful stewards of our resources and abilities in sharing the Gospel with the
people of all walks of life.
- We will, if we relocate, as soon as possible, unite with some other church, where we can
carry out the spirit of this covenant and the principles of God’s Word.
- In keeping with this covenant relationship, we will seek earnestly to live to the glory of
God who brought us out of darkness into His marvelous light.